Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

This 'n That.....

Haven't posted in several days ....nothing interesting to report, but since a couple of family members have questioned my laxness....thought I'd better get busy.

We're at a lovely, quiet campground in Fort Wayne across from the St. Joe River. In the evening, we position our chairs outside, under the canopy, so that we can watch the walkers, joggers, bikers, and listen to the High School Band practicing, hidden by the trees across the river. If we're lucky, the ice cream truck makes its rounds thru the campground.

I spend some of my days at the Allen County Library, reputed to be one of the top Genealogy Libraries in the country....and, I have to agree. For many years, I've had a "brick wall", or what's known to those of us digging up bones, an ancestor that has me stumped. My g-g-g-g grandfather Thomas Walker appears to have dropped from the sky and subsequently disappeared from the face of this earth! I had hoped that this library, with all its many holdings, would unlock the closed door for me.

Tonight, we're happy to be able to watch hometown football (USM vs SC) on T.V. up here in Hoosier Land!

No comments:

Post a Comment