Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Johnny Appleseed Campground, Fort Wayne, IN.....

We're not settled, but we're here. I know it's hard to believe, but I made a mistake in our reservations! Thought our reservation started today, but alas, 'twas tomorrow. The hostess (all these campgrounds have hosts and hostesses that work for their camping spot) found a "temporary" spot for us, until tomorrow.

There's so much to do in, and around, this city......and I just can't wait to go see Johnny Appleseed's Grave, a National Historic Place, here in Fort Wayne. Johnny (actually, his name was John Chapman) traveled the countryside planting apples. There's a Johnny Appleseed Festival here in mid-September.

And, of course, the main reason we're here is to visit the Allen County Library, reputed to be among the top Genealogy Libraries in the country. Much is online these days, but there's still much research that can be done onsite.

Tonite, as we sat in the camper, I heard the music coming from the Ice Cream Truck. There weren't many of those on Fellowship Road!! What a joy to go back to my childhood and get to do something that I never got to do.....as a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment